Apr 10, 2021

Artist Denies Allegations Of Over The R2m NAC Funding

Spread the love

In the statement, she indicated that she did not receive the relief fund because of the colour of her skin.

FILE PHOTO: Chomee is alleged to have received R2m from the NAC. PICTURE: CelebGossip

Spread the love

JOHANNESBURG: Thulisile Madihlaba aka Chomee has been fuming over the covid relief fund that she has been accused of receiving.

Ms Thulisile Madihlaba well known by her fans as Chomee took to social media talking about how she feels about the issuing of NAC funding and denied that she received any of the funds.

The alleged misuse of the Covid-19 relief funds by the NAC has led to hostility among the artist and the government officials. The musician, Chomee who is alleged to have benefited from the fund issued out an official statement which she posted on her Instagram post.

In the statement, she indicated that she did not receive the relief fund because of the colour of her skin.

It is also alleged that she received the fund and misused it by buying a luxury car and did not put it into the project she claimed to had planned to create job opportunities during the pandemic.

Madihlaba denied the allegations and said that, the car has been there, it is at least 6 years old now.

Her former ex-lover Mr Arthur Mafokate also came out to her defense, and he said “Chomee does not have money to take a huge publication to court to sue them”.

He continued to say that, what happens when such information is peddled about someone who they know has no funds to hire a lawyer against the publication.

Mr Mafokate was also one of the musicians who was accused of receiving millions of funding, he also denied the allegations and he also debunked everything by issuing his own statement on March 26, 2021

The alleged mismanagement of R300m by senior NAC officials sparked outrage last week among those in the arts industry and celebrities.

Artists staged a sit-in at the NAC offices nationwide accusing the agency of misusing funds meant to help artists during the pandemic period. At the time, NAC indicated that it will be taking action against senior officials who had been linked to funds that “disappeared”.

However, on Monday, the minister of Sport, Arts & Culture Mr Nathi Mthethwa set the record straight on reports that R300 million meant for artists had gone missing.

Mr Mthethwa said that the money was not missing and that the NAC has simply overcommitted funds to be disbursed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com