Lip Appreciation Day [16 March] is a day to celebrate, embrace and love your unique yet beautiful lips. It is meant to provide better ways of taking good care of your lips, either you get as many kisses as possible or you get yourself a balm to treat and recover broken dry lips.
This holiday was created by Thomas and Ruth Roy of Wellcat Holiday, with the aim to allow people to appreciate the most used feature of your face, that being your lips.
Lips are either of the two fleshy folds which surround the opening of the mouth in humans and many other vertebrates and in humans are organs of speech essential to certain articulations (Blistex, 20217).
See below: 7 Facts about your lips (Heath Beat,2015):
- The color of your lips is caused by visible blood capillaries under your skin. They are visible because the lips have one of the thinnest layers of skin on the body.
- They are the most sensitive part of your body-they have over 1 million nerve endings.
- They do not have sweat glands.
- They get thinner as you get older.
- They are unique-like fingerprints.
- They are the only parts of the body where the inside extends to the outside. The membrane that makes up the inner lips also makes the outer lips.
- The dip above your upper lip is called the Philtrum